Going to the theater/opera/ballet/classical concert performance ?
Here are the Dos and Don’ts
- Dress nicely and always polish your shoes
- Get flowers for the main entertainers if you like them dearly (optional)
- Arrive in time
- Leave your coat/umbrella at the wardrobe
- Say hi to everyone you know and smile happily
- Buy an agenda of the show if available
- Place your phone on silent mode and don’t check it through out the show
- Sit there comfortably and preferably as silent and still as possible; if you get terrible bored amuze yourself by looking at the people around you.
- Enjoy and gaze through mesmerized, it’s an unique, quickly passing, once in a lifetime experience which will never repeat in the same way.
- During the break take a stand out of the main hall and talk to other people about the show
- Applaud when needed and when feeling like it, preferably in line with the show.
- Shout, yell, scream, scratch, sneeze, yawn out loud – basically disrupt the show
- Record the show
- Take pictures in the middle of the performance
- Check your phone during the show/text.play a game
- Eat something meanwhile
- Wear sport shoes/slippers/short pants/t-shirts
- Listen to your ipod music.